Monday, November 05, 2007

Grey Gardens

Okay...so the movie Gray Gardens has been a "cult classic" since 1975. How did I miss it before this? Luckily my friends Kathleen and Hope gave me a heads up...

I finally watched it last week, and I could write a couple of fashion editorials on it, probably a psychology paper or two...I could certainly critique the film....or I could just tell you that it is an amazingly weird and wonderful documentary...Don't get me started!!!



For those of you who didn't know...there is a second movie The Beales of Grey Gardens.
From Netflix: The ladies of the Beale manse -- Big Edie and Little Edie, kin of Jackie Onassis and stars of the cult classic documentary Grey Gardens -- return in previously unseen footage culled from the filmmakers' archives. Mother and daughter are as weirdly riveting as ever as they hold forth on everything from God to war, and Little Edie models a series of arresting ensembles amid the trash and critters that share the women's crumbling East Hampton home.




And for those who have not yet had enough of Big Edie and Little Edie...there is a broadway musical.... starring Christine Ebersol and Mary Louise Wilson and a future made for HBO movie (which may in fact be a theatrical release first) starring Drew Barrymore and Jessica Lang
... and... there is a song, inspired by the movie written and performed by Rufus Wainwright.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home