Sunday, October 15, 2006

Chairs of Bisbee Part 3


It was starting to look like there was never going to be a Part 3 of Chairs of Bisbee. But, here it is!

My wonderful friend Kathleen brought me a chair (and ottoman) about a month ago. It was the first piece of furniture her husband Curtis ever owned. Quite frankly the chair was just too nice to use for an art project. I quite like the chair and only need to replace the cushions to make it a thing of beauty again. (No offense to the cat, but the cat hair just isn't doing it for me.)

So...finally I ventured to Sierra Vista to check out what the Salvation Army and St. Vincent de Paul had to offer. (I checked the local thrift shop 3 or 4 times in the meantime, and they had nothing that was appropriate.)


Salvation Army was a total failure. (I am at this point willing to accept nearly anything that is not upholstered.) St. Vincent de Paul had ONE chair that was all wood. And now it is mine!!


Yesterday I took both chairs outside for a good soap and water scrub. They are drying overnight outside. Today they will get a coat of white spray primer. Monday, the art will begin to happen!


And, just as a reminder...here is the first chair...they are actually quite similar...the first one being somewhat larger than the second.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jody said...

I can't wait to see the finished piece!! Have fun.

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello, neighbor. I live a few minutes from Bisbee, but I love going there!

4:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home