Wednesday, October 04, 2006

From Paper Dolls to Polymer Clay




After making some paper dolls, I was inspired to try making some dolls out of polymer clay.





I currently have lots of these dolls for sale at my etsy shop: DOLL A DAY One of the challenges is to make each of the look differnt, to make each one have her own personality. Sometimes that inspiration comes easily. I know the name and what she is going to look like before I even start. Other times, it is a matter of exploration, and sometimes finding out what her name is can be the hardest part.

I do use molds in the creation of these dolls, but even at that, I try and make them as individual as possible. Buttons and ribbons and fibers and paint and glitter...all sorts of things go into making these dollies...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home