Monday, October 16, 2006

The most important book I have read this year

The Success Principles: How to Get From Where You Are to Where You Want to Be is the most important book I have read this year.

I mostly read fiction. Even more specifically I read mysteries. I do read non-fiction as well. Mostly science and archaeology and anthropology and sociology. Sometimes I read a political book. I almost never read a self help book. I have read some self help books over the years, but I have never read one before that spoke to me the way The Success Principles did.

I read this book several weeks ago, and took a lot of notes while I was reading it. Jack Canfield goes through 64 Principles. It is a lot to remember, so I am glad I took notes! Most of them spoke to me. A few did not. For many of the Principles there are excercises or questions to answer.

As an example the first 5 Principles are:

1) Take 100% responsibility for your life
2) Be clear why you're here
3) Decide what you want
4) Believe it's possible
5) Believe in yourself

None of the above are difficult. But they do require some thought, some focus, some visioning.

Perhaps this book resonated for me because I was ready to hear it's message, or maybe it is a self-help book for people who don't like self help books.



I am on a journey. And I know lots of people who are on their own personal journeys. This book might make a difference. It has for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home