Wednesday, April 18, 2007

15 Day and Counting....

I had my last cigarette on April 2nd, 2007 at about 8:00 p.m. I have saved $187.00 so far. And, I have learned a few things that happen to your body when you quit smoking.

At 20 minutes after quitting:

blood pressure decreases
pulse rate drops
body temperature of hands and feet increases

At 8 hours:

carbon monoxide level in blood drops to normal
oxygen level in blood increases to normal


At 24 hours:


chance of a heart attack decreases

At 48 hours:

nerve endings start regrowing
ability to smell and taste improve

Between 2 weeks and 3 months:

circulation improves
walking becomes easier
lung function increases

I can't really tell that these things are happening, with the exception of the reduced blood pressure and reduced pulse rate, because those have been tested and I can seen the improvement in the numbers, but I trust that they are.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jody said...

Hey Hanje,
Yours truly smoked for 30 years, I have been smoke free for over 7 years now...you will notice the smell of smoke now on everything that has surrounded a smoker, food will taste better...be sure to drink lots of water & be sure to take some nice walks...hugs & best wishes...JoTee

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home