Friday, December 15, 2006

Lesson Learned

When I first started doing art full time I saved everything. It seemed like a good idea at the time. I started out with nothing, so saving everything seemed totally possible. I joined several yahoo art groups and I was always learning new techniques or reading about new techniques / products, gathering lots of ideas,m trying lots of things out, experimenting.

The lesson I learned this week is that I DON'T HAVE TO SAVE EVERY FAILED EXPERIMENT.

As I was going through old mail (opened and unopened), mixed in with art supplies, mixed in with ideas for projects....all piled high on part of my art table...I realized that I was finding more than a few failed experiments....

And it was very liberating to THROW THEM IN THE TRASH!

Now sometimes a failed experiment can be saved...can be altered...can be turned into something else. But most of the time, I find that if it failed, there was a reason. And I learned from the failure. NO NEED TO SAVE IT!!!

So...a little progress was made on de-cluttering my studio space and I learned something too!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey we all have those failed thingys in our storage area's, most of the time I do throw them away...but most of the time I do try to recycle. Hugs JoTee

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home