Sunday, December 10, 2006

50,000 Times A Day

I read in The Success Principles: How to Get From Where You Are to Where You Want to Be by Jack Canfield and Janet Switzer that the average person speaks to himself (herself) about 50,000 times a day and 80% of it is negative. That is 40,000 negative things vs. 10,000 positive things.

Okay....I have no idea how they measured this...but let's for the moment assume this is true.

What if I could increase the number of positive things that I say to myself each day. What if I could increase the number of positive things i say to myself each day from 20% to 50%. I am now up to 25,000 positive things every day.

And, postive thoughts presumably affect your body in a positive way. They make you more relaxed, centered and alert. They cause the secretion of endorphis in the brain and reduce pain and increase pleasure. GOOD STUFF!

How would that change my life?

And, imagine if I could increase the number of positive things that I say to myself each day from 20% to 80%. I am now up to 40,000 positive thoughts vs. 10,000 negative thoughts.

Those endorphins are in high gear and it is almost ALL GOOD.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home