Wednesday, July 05, 2006

What the Heck is Etsy?

A few months ago, I was asking the very same question. What the heck is Etsy?

Well, you have no doubt heard of eBay. Etsy is kind of like that. Only it isn't.

Etsy is a selling venue (like eBay), but there the similarities pretty much begin and end.

Etsy is an online marketplace for buying and selling all things handmade. Etsy lets you shop by color, place, time and material.

Etsy was launched on June 18, 2005.

Etsy is a store which sells arts and crafts and art supplies. There is no bidding. The seller sets a price and that is the price.

I have been selling some things on eBay. In fact I have used eBay for years. So far I haven't found it to be terribly useful in selling art. So I have decided to 1) give Etsy a try and 2) spread the word about Etsy.

My Etsy shops are Dolladay, in in which I feature a new doll every day and Ladyartichokeheart in which I feature other art, including art doll pins.

For those considering opening an Etsy shop, I highly recommend it. It is easy to use and you have buyers who are interested in buying art!!

For those who are considering shopping at Etsy, I highly recommend it. It has an outrageous selection of arts and crafts and it is plenty of fun to just window shop!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home